Monday, March 3, 2008

basic use models



These are basic models for the one armed knitting project, Indi-knit. And yes these two both work. Some critique I've received so far is concern with skirts, thinking about building an outside armature or attaching it to tables/chairs rather than the body, and the aesthetics.

I'm definitely thinking about changing the design to make it more beautiful like something from lantern moon or a hand artisan rather than medical equipment. Knitting is all about touch and the sensuality of objects almost to the point of a fetish.

4 comments:

OneHandedMum said...

Hi there I am 32 - i had a stroke at newyears and am due to give birth by c-section topmorrow and have been desperastely looking for a way to fininsh the projects i started when i first got pregnant (if only to stop me getting bored in hospital)- this looks WAY better than anything I have founnd so far(luckily my gran is a demon knitter so has volunteered to take over some part finished pieces so they will be ready before the child is 18!) Please let us know if you get theses to the point of retail- what a great idea!

Anonymous said...

I am not sure if you still do this blog but my friend lost her arm in an accident. She really wants to knit and I want to help her learn to knit. If you can help me with places to look for knitting advice and so forth I would greatly apprciate it. Please email me at dragonfly2184@hotmail.com.

Lisa said...

I really need to knit!! I mst get back to knitting, but I'm now a handicapped knitter. I HAVE to ue myleft hand now. I would love to see more about your device or find out how to buy one like it!

Lisa Englant
Paradise, CA

Susan Mayer said...

Please extend your video and add a really Slowed downclose-up view of the actual knitting process.